RE: how can i tell if i have powerlocks

The factory power locks are actuated by air pressure when you move the
driver's lock (either with the key or with the pull-knob when the door is
closed). When you turn the key in the door, you should hear the pneumatic
pump close the locks on the hatch, gas tank flap, and passenger door. It's
located in the rear by the washer fluid pump (I think...). It uses air
instead of electric motors, so you'll see tubes instead of wires. There is
also no button or switch on the door like in most cars with power locks.
Where was the short? It may have been actuating the pump in back...

Neal
88 16v