Re: Went to look at a white 16v....

When I was looking for a winter 16V I came across a white '88 in New Jersey
with 130,000 miles for $2,600.  I figured for 26 hun the car would be in
good shape.  The guy drove it to Long Island dealership that I use
regularly.  He shows up about 2 hours late and this car was in such bad
shape that I wanted to shake this guy.  The driver's door had a rust hole in
it that you could stick your fist through.  There wasn't a single
unrusted/undented panel on the car.  The best was when he opened the hood
and there was some sort of nest in there.  Without even putting the car up
on a lift we figured that it needed $2,000 worth of work easy.  I offered
the guy $700.  He said he would go down to $1,200.  I said "See Ya".

It's getting impossible to find any rocs in decent condition anymore.
Everyday I glance at the classifieds here in New York hoping to come across
one that I can post to the list.

Sorry, just venting.

- Jan Folkson

'86 16V