Went to look at a white 16v....

	Well, finally, after searching for a year+, I came across an ad for
an '88 white 16v with 79k miles and the asking price was only $900. I knew
from the price that I should expect a few things wrong...

	What can I say except, when you show up to the seller's place and
the car has its engine running already, run away. This 16v was abused.
Several large dents, rough engine, crack on A-pillar, pigged out interior,
no radio, etc. The places where the bodykit had started to come off,
someone took regular dry wall screws and shot them into the arches and
underlying bodywork (God forbid he use some kind of, I don't know, GLUE)!!
I'd like to find the shithead that did this and shoot several hundred
screws in his ass. The seller was really proud of the fog lights he wired
up (without a switch, I might ad, so if the ignition is on, the fogs are
on). I could go on, but what's the point?
	It made me so sad to see my dream car (white 16v mkII) in such a
poor state. I'll continue looking but I probably won't come across a white
16v for a good time, if ever. If any listers know of any nice, white 16v
mkIIs FS in the midwest (Seattle is too far away), preferably in Missouri,
please let me know...

just venting,

___Wojciech Galecki___
'84 8v Scirocco    Way nicer than a beat up white 16v