Re: One other question about engine swap...

At 03:54 AM 02/11/2000 -0500, Doctor Scirocco wrote:
>As you all seem to agree, my 1.6 to 1.8 swap should be a breeze...  But how
>about transmission?  Do I need all that from the cabrio?  Or will what I
>have work fine?
>--Brian--

You can use any 020 transmission you want; you'll just want to use the
clutch kit for that transmission and the axles too(of course you could
change flanges if you wanted).  They all bolt up the same- (for example) a
16V transmission will bolt up and work, when using the 16V clutch and
driveshafts.

John Worden
Wayne, Maine
ICQ 1527476
'81 MkI w/2.0 16V (waiting for the spring)
'86 MkII 8V  (also waiting for the spring)
'98 Dodge Dakota 4x4