Re: [mk2] carpet questions

If it's the same black sticky stuff that's used to hold the plastic
moisture shield to the doors (underneath the door trim), the stuff is
called strip caulk.

Not quite sure where you can get the stuff.  Maybe some auto paint store or
Home Depot?

As for new carpet, try New Dimensions or JC Whitney Co.

Good luck!

Jay Bichanich
86.5 Scirocco 16V Red (Original owner)