Re: 16V Pistons

On Tue, 8 Feb 2000 12:30:24 -0800 "Brian Honnold" <bhonnold@pac-cap.com>
writes:
>Would anyone on the list be interested in a set of used (like 125K
>miles) pistons, and rods from a 86 16V.
>
>I have no use for them but I have heard that when used with the 8V
>head, compression of up to 14:1 can be achieved.

I don't see how 10-1 pistons can make +4 more CR with just the use of a
8V heads?
I mean, 8.5-1 pistons are still 8.5-1 CR with the head on. And my RD
motor with 10.1 pistons are still 10-1 CR with its hyd head bolted up.

???

Are the 16V pistons somehow different in shape? If anything I figure they
MIGHT (Never seen one so im guessing here.) have valve relief's cut into
them?? Hmm. Tech info intrigues me.

Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi   82' Scirocco GTi   81' "Project Scirocco FSP"
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and