Re: Battery re-location Q...

"Chris Chemidlin"

> The ground wire will be in the trunk, but the positive will go all
> the way to the Alternator. I have the alternator with 3 'spade' type
> connecters.
>Can  I take the large positive lead and seperate it into 2 parts with
the
>appropriate sized connector?
>
> Or would it be a better idea to run the battery to 1 of them and the
> starter to 1 of them? Maybe I should just run the battery to the
starter?

I would upgrade to an A2 90A alternator, it has a bolt-on + terminal that
way you can connect it directly.

If you want to keep your old alternator, then you could run it to the
starter or a terminal block and connect both of the alternator +
terminals to it.

The A2 alternator upgrade is definitely worth considering, used is $50 or
less and rebuilt is $120.

Peter
'79 Scirocco 16V project car
'80 Scirocco
'88 Scirocco 16V
'83 GTI, daily driver

              To reply to the Scirocco list click here:
<mailto:thescirocco@juno.com,scirocco-l@scirocco.org>