Re: Stuck injectors

At 08:54 AM 02/10/2000 -0500, David M Brown wrote:
Hey awhile back I asked about the head of one of my injectors being stuck and weither you could pull it out with the rubber seal.  Everyone said that pulling the injectors was easy. I know they are "easy" to remove, but has anyone ever had to get just the head out. The rest of the injector line and body is out. Just the head stuck in there.

David
What do you mean be the injector body?  The injector is one peice, but does have that small air shroud at the tip-if  you're talking about that it somes out with the injector but can be pulled off(just make sure you put it back on.  So I'm thinking you are talking about the injector insert?  These are the seats the injectors sit in.  They come out with a 12mm hex wrench; they are screwed in.

John Worden
Wayne, Maine
ICQ 1527476
'81 MkI w/2.0 16V (waiting for the spring)
'86 MkII 8V  (also waiting for the spring)