Re: stuck injectors!

At 11:09 PM 02/09/2000 -0800, Oliver Seiler wrote:

>I'm replacing all the inject o-rings on my engine. The first one was easy,
>mainly because it wasn't seated properly to begin with. The o-ring on this
>one was *really* hard. I fear that the remaining ones are just as hard, as
>I'm having quite a bit of trouble pulling injectors out.
>
>Techtonics (and probably others) sell a tool for pulling these out, but I
>wonder how useful it would be in the case where the o-ring is hard and
>doesn't compress at all. Has anyone on the list had to deal with this?
>How'd you pull 'em out? It doesn't help that there isn't much leverage
>room back there, especially on the third and fourth injectors...

I have one and never had a problem pulling them,  and the o-rings have
always been hard(why else woud I be pulling them).  The tool just fits
around the injector and you use a a long screwdriver to pry the tool, with
injector, up.  Works great, and you pry from the front so the small space
is no problem.

John Worden
Wayne, Maine
ICQ 1527476
'81 MkI w/2.0 16V (waiting for the spring)
'86 MkII 8V  (also waiting for the spring)
'98 Dodge Dakota 4x4