Re: Engine swap help...

--- Doctor Scirocco <scirocco@doctor.com> wrote:
> Hello!  I currently have an 80 MK1 with a 1.6
> engine.  My friend recently
> totalled his 86 Cabriolet with a nice clean 1.8 -
> According to Eric (Night
> Shadow), he says the swap should be an easy one,
> especially since my motor
> mounts are 16V and there have been some upgrades...
> Can anyone tell me how
> extensive of work I am looking at to get the 1.8
> into my car?  There isn't
> much in my car right now, I took the AC out, and
> some other major
> obstacles...  Thanks!
> --Brian--

This is about as easy as engine swaps get. Just swap
the longblock in. Use the existing FI, intake and
outlet manifold. Use your WP, brackets etc. You'll
need a new upper radiator hose and a few other things.
Take the 210 mm clutch too.

=====
Mark Peele
1981 Scirocco, 1982 Scirocco, 1978 Scirocco, 1987 Golf GT
http://www.scirocco2.de/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM
Need parts? try http://www.parts4vws.com/ (Potterman)
or http://www.germanautoparts.com/ (Adirondack)