FS: 80 Scirocco in Dallas TX

My job has changed a lot since November and I'm too busy to finish my
Scirocco project (and will be for the foreseeable future) so,
regrettably I'm putting it up for sale.  Here are the specs:

80 Scirocco (white)
~107800 miles
1.6L bored out to 1.7L
-Drake bottom end, big valve head, bigger TB, performance cam, 1.7L oil
pan, and more
-No leaks or seaps
Euro bumpers in decent shape
Euro headlights
GMP upper and lower stress bars
Polyurethane bushings in front suspension
Lowered w/GMP springs
F&R Swaybars
GTI front brakes
5 GTI 14" wheels (all in good shape)
Techtonics SS cat back exhaust (about a year old)
2 Real Recaros (not VW issue)
-purchased in '82 for $1260, black, recently recovered w/Recaro covers,
like new, little signs of wear
80 black Scirocco dash w/glovebox, like new (no cracks; not even around
the speaker opening)
Black console
6 VDO gauges
Body is debadged, detrimmed and the rear side markers are removed

I've stripped most of the interior to the bare metal and started to
clean up the rust from a water leak. The drivers side floor has one spot
that needs some new material b/c a previous owner installed a dead pedal
w/o using RTV to seal the holes. The window seals are all in good shape
except for the ones on the bottom edge of the door windows and maybe the
windshield (I think the leak is from the outside air inlet). The area
just in front of the windshield needs some work and new material from
rust and the passengers side shock tower also needs attention. If you
have a really clean Mk1 body, this could be a parts car, but its
salvagable. The rear of the car is very clean; the front needs the most
work. I have not pulled off the fenders so I'm not sure what kind of
shape they're in. A tree branch fell on the roof, and has a dent and
some surface rust in that spot. It also has a cheesy glass sunroof that
I was going to have removed. The interior comes w/no carpet or panels.
My plan was to strip the car, have it media blasted, repaired and
repainted, but now that's up to someone else. The car won't idle very
well when the engine is cold (partially due to all of the engine
modifications), but it runs great once its warmed up. The transmission
needs a 3rd gear synchro, but its a wide ratio, so you'll probably want
to junk it for a close ratio anyway. I have a folder full of receipts,
the manuals, window sticker and I'll throw in a new Bentley.

$1500

Philip