Re: Need tools

At 06:01 PM 02/08/2000 -0800, george curl wrote:
Once you get the bolts out, you might try replacing
them with standard allen bolts. The extra length is
worth it as I've seen countless teardrops come into
the shop with the threads stripped out... I know
someone will argue about being easier for someone to
steal, but on the other hand anyone that wants them
will get them off anyways...
George-
I used to coat the threads of mine with anti seize.  That helps alot.  You are right George, if they want them they will get them-because those factory bolts come off with a normal hex wrench too(just have to be a little more cautious).  I never had the tool that came with the car, just had a hex wrench.

John Worden
Wayne, Maine
ICQ 1527476
'81 MkI w/2.0 16V (waiting for the spring)
'86 MkII 8V  (also waiting for the spring)