Re: non-rocc welding info anyone?

At 09:49 PM 02/06/2000 -0800, Pei-Chung Ting wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I am looking at getting into some body work and wanted
>to know what kind of welding rig would be economical
>for a home shop and adequate for body panels, roll
>cages and the like.  Any beginning pointers for info,
>webisites would be appreciated.
>
>Thanks,
>'Chung
I think the best way to go is a mig welder, like a Lincoln 100, with the
gas kit.  The welder runs around $300 and the gas kit is about $75.  This
is what I have and I like it.  If you are going to do welding of heavy
steal you may want something a little bigger then, maybe like a arc welder,
but they are pretty cheap too.

John Worden
Wayne, Maine

'81 MkI w/2.0 16V (waiting for the spring)
'86 MkII 8V  (also waiting for the spring)
'98 Dodge Dakota 4x4