Oil pressure gauge in 16v

I have a 15 psi VDO oil pressure gauge and sender that I will be
hooking up.

Question:

This new sender replaces the gauge on the oil filter flange correct?
When I wired in a pressure gauge on my old 8v I had to put the new oil
pressure sender on the back of the cylinder head (replacing the
sender that is closest to the firewall on the drivers side), and move
that old sender (on back of cylinder head) to the oil filter flange
(thus getting rid of the original sender on the oil filter flange).

Same procedure on 16v?

Thanks,

Victor