Re: 2.4L 90 Passat and 2.0 question

Ummm is it just me or does anyone else detect a language/communication
problem here?

In the US a "short block" engine does not include a head. A "long block"
does.

I beleive Ayham, you are thinking of what we refer to as the "bubble block".

> > >What is a VW short and Long block?
> > >
> > Short block is just the block.  Long block includes the head.
>
>You're absolutaly wrong , short block is different from the long block .
>The
>difference is in the rods , in my 8V engine i have the 2.0L short block
>which
>is shorter be a 18mm due the shorter rods , and ofcourse it revs rougher
>than
>the tall block .
>
>Ayham Idrees
>http://www.scirocco2.de/ayham.htm

Chris DeLong
ICQ#45030867
Seattle, WA USA
'80 16V Rag
'82 GLI (now with a happy shaved, solenoid operated trunk)
'80 'Vert
'61 17 Window
'78 Scirocco