Re: 2.4L 90 Passat and 2.0 question

Chris DeLong wrote:

> Ummm is it just me or does anyone else detect a language/communication
> problem here?
> In the US a "short block" engine does not include a head. A "long block"
> does.
> I beleive Ayham, you are thinking of what we refer to as the "bubble block".

OK, Here we go.  There is:

A. A Long Block. Includes Block & Head.
B. A Short Block. Includes Block only. No Valve Head.
C. A TALL Block. Taller Block than earlier Blocks. Transplanted into A1
chassis usually requires TT downpipe or sim. to retrofit to existing
exhaust system.
D. An Audi 2.0L Bubble Block. Same deck height as early blocks, shorter
than the late model Tall Block.

Everybody on board now?

TBerk