Re: 2.4L 90 Passat and 2.0 question

On Sun, 6 Feb 2000, Ayham Eid Idrees . wrote:

> > Short block is just the block.  Long block includes the head.
>
> You're absolutaly wrong , short block is different from the long block . The
> difference is in the rods , in my 8V engine i have the 2.0L short block which
> is shorter be a 18mm due the shorter rods , and ofcourse it revs rougher than
> the tall block .

No Ayham, you are the one who is wrong.  We are talking engine buying
terminology here.  When purchasing a "short block" it is JUST the bottom
end of an engine.  When purchasing a "long block" it is an engine WITH the
head attatched.  This applys to ANY engine you buy.

Now, what YOU are talking about is the VW specific terminology for the VW
engines.  There are VW Short Block engines, and the VW Tall Block engine.
You can buy a short VW Short Block motor or a long VW Tall Block, do you
get it? See the difference? Kinda confusing, I know.

Eric