Re: [8V,JH] mystery parts identification

On Thu, 3 Feb 2000, drew wrote:

> Sounds like cruise control to me.  The mystery outfit attached to the
> throttle would be the vaccuum sero, and the other outfit would be the
> vacuum control unit?  Is your car equipped with cruise?

Ahh yes, that would make sense. And looking in that section in Bentley
(which I *haven't* looked at yet) I see a picture of both mystery parts...

I've never used the cruise control (probably won't) so I have no idea if
it even works...

Just goes to show you that even if you don't find it in Bentley, it's
probably there (e.g., motor mounts or engine mounts aren't mentioned in
the index at all, but they do mention them briefly when talking about
installing the engine).

Thanks!
Oliver

Oliver Seiler -- Software Developer, Pivotal Software, http://www.pivotal.com