RE: PROBLEM! Part II

According to my understanding of Bentley, the cold start valve is only
working when you're cranking the engine.  If I'm not mistaken, with a cold
engine, it's on the entire time you're cranking (until the thermo-time
switch trips due to time), and with a warm engine or tripped thermo-time
switch, the hot start pulse relay causes it to work intermittently.
Assuming this is correct, the only reason to check the cold start valve is
if you're having a hard time starting the engine, especially when cold.  My
cold start valve isn't getting power (problem with the wiring under the
dash), and when cold, my engine won't start W/O a shot of ether.

The only added fuel you should get once the starter stops is due to the
control pressure regulator on the front of the block, right?

Doesn't Bentley talk about some sort of idle speed stabilizer?  Could that
be your problem?

Aaron
'84 Scirocco - Woo-hoo!
'70 Bug - hibernating