[8V,JH] mystery parts identification

I'm having some trouble figuring out a couple parts in my engine (1986 8V,
JH engine).

The first one is some sort of vacuum valve attached to my throttle valve.
It sits right next to and parallel to the throttle cable. The rubber part
facing towards the throttle body can be compressed. When I do so, I hear a
whistling noise from the other mystery part...

The other mystery part sits on the very far left (passenger side) of the
engine bay. It is connected to the first mystery part via a vacuum tube
that runs along the rain tray. It's a small black plastic "thing" with
various vacuum hoses on it, as well as three wires (can't recall the
colours right now). As I said above, it makes a whistling noise when I
compress the first mystery part, which comes out of a small hole (that
looks like it's supposed to be there, though I'm not sure if it's supposed
to be uncovered or if I'm missing a vacuum hose there...

Anybody know? I haven't found anything like this in Bentley...

-Oliver

Oliver Seiler -- Software Developer, Pivotal Software, http://www.pivotal.com
    Scirocco MkII Diary - http://erisian.com/~oseiler/scirocco/index.html