RE: non Rocc-grassrootsracing?

I had the good fortune of stumbling across one of these events on Hillbilly
Central (TNN).  I just caught the tail end of some drag racing, and then
they went to a road (yard?) course kind of thing with lots of turns.  All
the mowers are angle parked along one side of the track, and the drivers are
on the opposite side.  When they get the signal to start, the drivers run
across the track, hop on their mowers, connect their tether to the
killswitch (in case they fall off), fire it up and take off.  Then they
proceed to slide through all the turns sprint car-style.  They're
impressively fast, for lawn mowers.  My wife thought I was nuts for
watching, but she ended up laughing about as much as I did.  It's really
pretty comical to watch.

Aaron
'84 Scirocco - Woo-hoo!
'70 Bug - hibernating