Re: Mk1 spoiler on e-bay

That spoiler looks really cool, you're correct. Almost as good as the Kamei.
Its not the best of both worlds however, because it's made of the same
material as the Kamei. brittle-ass plastic.

I doubt this spoiler would last more than 6mos to a year on a real-world
car. (show cars are another thing, but how many of you have a mk1 show-only
car?!)

I speak from experience here too, I had a Kamei for about 2 months on a
non-lowered car before the thing got wasted by i dont know what. probably a
curb. I was soooooooo careful with it too. it wasn't worth it. now i have a
Foha thats pretty short, and made of a rubber-like flexible material, it
doesn't look nearly as good, but it will last the life of the car! How many
S models do you see running around with the original fiberglass one? The
plastic is even weaker!!!
IMHO of course :)

kevin fry
81 S

At 11:52 AM 1/31/00 -0800, you wrote:

>This Mk1 front spoiler is up for auction on e-bay right now.
>
>http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=247346771
>
>Does anybody know the mfg of this piece, or if it is still
>available anywhere.
>It is like a cross between the Kamei one and the original
>"S" spoiler.
>The best of both worlds.
>Thanks,
>
>Randy B.
>Cosmos 81 Scirocco S - soon to be 2.0L 16V
>Mars 81 Scirocco S - t t 1847cc
>

>--

aventari
icq#21583385