Re: Why my '81 16v won't start? (part 2)

>ok, i'm sure you've about completely had it with the wiring....i hope you
>do get it figured out....you will love the car once you do....

I know.. I have to keep remembering that.

>i used the existing fuse box in my rabbit.....used the rabbit fuel pump
>relay, so i know you can do that......i was told it's better to keep the
>rabbit fuel pump since it doesnt have a fuel cutoff when the rev limiter
>kicks in.....(good or bad depending on how you look at it)..
>when the shop wired up my car, i think they did it so that the fuel pump is
>always running when the key is in the accessory position.....probably not
>extremely safe, but it works

Hey, I live dangerously. heh.. yeah.

Could you tell me how they wired this?

Did they hook the fuel pump relay up to terminal 15 instead of getting
ground from the coil?

-Dave
'81 Scirocco 16v (Winnie)
'87 Subaru GL 4WD Wagon (Evelyn)