Re: Ditching the Heater core

It would be extrememly easy to connect the lines together beffore they even
go into the firewall.
I would definately recommend AGAINST removing the heater core unless it was
leaking, but if your set on it, you could chop the lines right before the
heater control valve in the engine compartment and put them together. Then
pull the heather core out from the dash. This would be the hard part. I've
never done a heater core, and i never want to!

At 01:18 AM 2/1/00 -0500, you wrote:
>Sal Guzzo wrote:
>>
>> Well, you know that when you're sick with a flu and shit, you come up with
>> some fucked up ideas.  Here's my fucked up idea.
>>
>> CAn I ditch my heater core, vents, etc and leave out the unnecessary items?
>>  The cars I contemplate putting under the knife are my 84 Rabbit and my 81
>> Scirocco.  I figured that since we can ditch the a/c, how about the heat?
>> PLease keep in mind that these cars are only driven in the summer and I DO
>> NOT plan on driving them in the winter. I can save on some weight as well
>> as other benefits (or so I think).
>>
>> So what would be the advantages and disadvantages in pursuing this possibly
>> fruitless feat.  Stupid questions do not exist so here I am asking.  I've
>> never seen this topic discussed so I wanna know.  Thanks y'all!!!!!
>>
>> Lates!
>> Sal
>> 81 Scirocco
>> 81 Scirocco S (16V to be)
>> 84 Rabbit (now Gti)
>> 84 Scirocco Wolfsburg
>>

>I did this on my old Blazer due to a bad heater core and no will to fix
>it. I simply connected the two coolant lines together. My 80 Shitboxo
>also now has a bad core(doesn't leak into cabin but I can smell coolant)
>and I too was thinking the same thing. I haven't gotten around to seeing
>how feasible this is yet. The car is just sitting in my garage for the
>winter and will never see snow. So let me know also how to do this. As
>it is I don't really see any way of just connecting the coolant lines.
>
>Feenix
>80 1.8
>
>--

aventari