vent windows

Hey kids-

Does anybody know if the non-moving vent windows from a hardtop rabbit/jetta
mk1 will work in a mk1 convertable?  I have a set on the dead uGLi that Id
like to put into the vert....

AND-

I have the chance to buy a Callaway Stage 3 Turbo for a silly cheap price.
Since the JH from the uGLi has high mileage, I was thinking of a 2.0L block.
There's a few mk3 blocks around going for $500.  Good price? Should I find
an Audi block? How about compression?  It will be a 2.0l with a JH/1.8 solid
lifter head... I ASSume I have to run some pretty low compression with the
Turbo motor... Has anybody ever done this engine? I'm a little afraid that
it will be a torque-less wonder....

CHRIS CHEMIDLIN
http://www.spredhaus.com -- Finally back from Y2K!
http://www.angelfire.com/nj/spredhaus
58 Type1 Ragtop
84 Jetta uGLi (morte)
82 'vert (whose day will come this spring)