Help

I just bought my Scirocco a few monthes ago.. man i love it! its a 1983 mk2 8 valver.. i have some problems with it..

Problem #1 - its been sucking almost twice as much gas since it got colder..

Problem #2 - when im in third gear anywhere above 45 Km/Hr and i downshift to 2nd it makes a noise.. i dont know how to explain it..

Problem #3 - i get heat when i have the blower on 1 but when i turn it up to 3 it isnt very warm..

Problem #4 - when the engine is cold it runs very poorly.. well i mean after the fast idle stops it idles poorly.

can anyone help me out or give me some suggestions?? thank you very much