Re: possible U.S. spec H/L and grille mod...

In a message dated 12/30/00 10:43:08 PM Pacific Standard Time,
mk1madness@hotmail.com writes:

> Everyone seems ot be forgetting that the H4's themselves have high
> beams....in the same bulb as the low beams.

And the H4 light assemblies that fit the U.S. spec cars are about $30-40
each.  The only why to be sure if it looks good is to try it.  Just find a
spare grille and make the extensions to delete the inner lights, it might
take a little work to figure out how to fasten them.  If it does work and
looks decent, maybe you've just found a low cost alternative to euro lights.

That's not exactly what I was suggesting....just noting that the fogs (in the
Euro lights) really have nothing to do with the high beams.

Mike
http://www.geocities.com/vwmikel
'84-Arkay Turbo Rabbit GTI
'84-Rabbit GTI - uh.....
'77-Rabbit - project
'80-Scirocco S - (um... to be:1.9L crossflow, turbo, 6 speed, widebody?)