2.0 coversion

I am looking to do a 2.0l conversion for my 86 16v.  I plan on using my head.  My question is will a 2.0l that thew a timing belt and has bent valves work for me since I am using my head? also what years/models 2.0 16v's will work for me? I have seen 90-92 GLI, 91-92 GTI, and 90-92 Passat.  Are there any others, or audi's?  Is there a good tech section on a site to deal with the conversion?  What does the whole engine way for shipping purposes? the short block?

Thanks,
Steve