Re: [Lighting] Wire+Firewall=Fog Lights/Problem. Suggestions?

Sounds easy enough, for sure. ;) Are there any with easy access, without taking apart the dash? I shoulda been more specific... :-'

RJ ^^~
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, December 30, 2000 3:57 PM
Subject: Re: [Lighting] Wire+Firewall=Fog Lights/Problem. Suggestions?

In a message dated 12/30/00 1:50:31 PM Pacific Standard Time,
shadow98@voyager.net writes:

First post, interesting question.

At this moment, me and my dad are working on my '85 8v 'Rocco, installing a
set of fog lights. Problem is, we need a place to put the wires through the
firewall to the interior. Any suggestions? Note, I wish to get done by
nighttime, tomorrow. It's in the garage, and we've been at it, in all, for
45 minutes. Any ideas where to drill a hole, much less put the wires
through an existing hole...?

There are plenty of grommets on the fire wall...drivers side. Usually, there
is even a blank one. Poke a hole in it with a screwdriver and push the wire
through.

Mike
http://www.geocities.com/vwmikel
'84-Arkay Turbo Rabbit GTI
'84-Rabbit GTI - uh.....
'77-Rabbit - project
'80-Scirocco S - (um... to be:1.9L crossflow, turbo, 6 speed, widebody?)