Re: website questions

Hi Mike:

I'll give you my $0.02:

-Use few graphics that are force-downloaded...if you
do, try black/white with a click-for-color option.
-Please comment all links!  Otherwise a Google search
is just as good.
-Show me your face!  Short bio too!
-Keep text dark, on a white or light background.  If
you do have a wallpaper background keep it very dim
and grayed out (learned this from some exposure to the
print advertising game).
-Don't force me into frames! Hate 'em, usually. Links
are fine for homemade sites.  Link at bottom and top
to other pages in your site.

Send me a link when done!

Good Luck

Ron

HREF="http://www.geocities.com/vwmikel">http://www.geocities.com/vwmikel</A>
> > '84-Arkay Turbo Rabbit GTI
> > '84-Rabbit GTI - uh.....
> > '77-Rabbit - project
> > '80-Scirocco S - (um... to be:1.9L crossflow,
> turbo,
> > 6 speed, widebody?)
> >

> I studied this stuff in school about three years
> ago.
> Back then they taught us to do lots with as little
> as
> possible. Things are changing. Now you have DSL and
> cable access for really fast downloading. You still
> have lots of people on 56k and slower modems
> however.
> If you're not really into web page design, and fancy
> computer graphics my advice is to get somthing with
> lots of good tech content and include stuff on your
> own projects; but like someone else said take it
> easy
> with too many pictures on one page. Slow loading
> pages
> drive me crazy. If you are into web page design then
> you can go crazy with movies and killer graphics,
> but
> I would have your index.html give people some
> options,
> like 'low rez,' or 'hi rez' versions. Still, content
> is the big winner as far as good web pages go. That
> means useful information people are looking for,
> like
> tech tips on somthing you have done, modifications
> you
> have made, things someone else might want to do for
> their car.
>
> =====
> Jorel Jackson
> 1987 16v & 1985 8v Sciroccos
> 2000 Neon ES

=====
Ron
'87 16V (Victor, the Famous Cheap Scirocco)
'93 Cab (soon for sale)
many, many, miles and busted knuckles on about seven or so past watercooleds...