Re: Painting bumpers?

Chris Cavitt wrote:

> Just wondering if anyone would know what would be a good paint or proccess
> of painting the bumpers on my mk1? Anyone ever painted these? also has
> anyone ever sanded them down so they are smooth and then painted? im trying
> to get ideas on how to make the bumpers look good.
> thanks
> chris
>
> --

Check it:

<http://www.foreverblack.net>

If you _must_ paint it, you can sand it smooth but most folks only sand
it a bit to get it roughened up, fill the pebble finish with some kind
of flexible filler and paint with lots of flex agent in the paint. I
think it will peel after awhile myself- bumpers are meant to get bumped,
always when you are not around to pummel the offender.

TBerk