[HeadLights] Euro vs American - differences

As I was installing my new Euro Lights I noticed some differences.  First I
to mount them I had to move the two lower plastic screw holders to the
already existing outer holes to match with the euro lights frame.  Second
the euro lights came with corner lamps and the plastic holder but it only
had two wire connections.  My Scirocco corner light had three.  I also
noticed that my bulb had two filaments and the German one only had one
filament.  Don't they have turn signals over there?  So I used my existing
bulb and fixture.  It has the same basic shape and it fits but it is not
quite big enough around to snap into place.  Just for grins I tried the euro
connector on my standard headlights but it won't slide in because of a tab
that prevents it.  I would like to know what others have down to accommodate
these differences.  Temporary I am using my standard connectors to run the
high/low beam light.  The high and low switching is reversed which I knew
would happen but the high beam indicator on my dash will now just dim in the
low beam mode (high beam now with euros) and not go completely out.  Any one
know why?

Donald Walter
'84 8V Scirocco (sold)
'86 16V Scirocco