Re: [HeadLights] Euro vs American - differences

>the euro lights came with corner lamps and the plastic holder but it only
>had two wire connections.  My Scirocco corner light had three.  I also
>noticed that my bulb had two filaments and the German one only had one
>filament.  Don't they have turn signals over there?

their parking lights do not stay on, so it's only a blinker......they use
the city light as a marker over there....

So I used my existing
>bulb and fixture.  It has the same basic shape and it fits but it is not
>quite big enough around to snap into place.  Just for grins I tried the
euro
>connector on my standard headlights but it won't slide in because of a tab
>that prevents it.  I would like to know what others have down to
accommodate
>these differences.

I just use the standard blinker connection, it holds in there pretty good

Temporary I am using my standard connectors to run the
>high/low beam light.  The high and low switching is reversed which I knew
>would happen but the high beam indicator on my dash will now just dim in
the
>low beam mode (high beam now with euros) and not go completely out.  Any
one
>know why?

you have to change the wires around......the ground is in a different spot
on the connector.  I can't remember which 2 wires have to be switched
though...if you play around, you'll figure it out.

Casey
84 Roc
83 Audi
88 Golf ..FS