16V O2 Sensor

Just had to share a recent experience:
Some talk was done in the last few weeks about the 02
sensor not doing much and not being worth hooking up.
I kinda thought otherwise but didn't want to be
involved.  Well since I KNEW mine wasn't functioning
correctly I figured I'd fix it considering I had to
have the car inspected last week.  I finally (after a
year) hooked up my 02 sensor correctly by soldering
the wires, heatshrinking them, and massively taping
them.  I had originally bought the "ford" sensor from
Potterman and didn't hook it up *right*.  Well
surprise surprise now I'm going 350miles on a tank of
gas again instead of 290max.  She's also idling
smoother and my ass is telling me she's a little
quicker.  So, I guess if your car shows no overall
changes by replacing/removing/fixing your 02 sensor
then you've got problems elsewhere that should be
addressed.  Of course, that's just my opinion.  :-)
Hooo Hooo HOoooo!

=====
Dan May - Greensboro NC
1987 16V Scirocco
1979 Scirocco - when will it be done?
95Pathfinder(soon to be magically transformed into a Tacoma 4x4 V6 xcab)
http://members.aol.com/scirocco87
"I love it when a plan comes together" - Hannibal Smith