Re: Insurance issues with roccos(LONG)

On Tue, 19 Dec 2000 21:12:38 -0800 (PST) Shawn Rader
<s_t_rader@excite.com> writes:

>Legal action is definetly not the slowest route, and it may very well
>be the only route for his friend.  -snip-

There are a few things to consider.

Winning a lawsuit and actually collecting are 2 entirely different
things. In your case you filed against a big company that has money.
They're more likely to pay than say, Joe Schmo with not much cash.

The legal system is easily minupulated. Delays can be endless if the
defendant wants to do it that way and has the know how in making it
happen. (Even in small claims court.) This is a tactic used to get the
"Out of court" settlement  for much less than you deserve only to get
closure on the ordeal.

The bottom line is, the pud that drove the car and damaged said vehicle
should be a man about it and pay for HIS mistake. I do think that your
friend had a good lawsuit if he decides to go that route. After all, its
the California thing to do. Oh wait, first you sue, then you demand
reimbursement. I remember now!

Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi 8V       84' Scirocco 8V           88' Corvette "SS"
82' Scirocco GTi -FSP 30-   79' "Project FSP Scirocco"
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and best looking Scirocco in all of San
Diego!