RE: engine swap

He still doesnt have a 2.0l stock and all the other stuff I said still
applies. I'm not trying to pick on you or anything. I just have a REAL
problem with what VW did to the GTi after '89. Basically what it comes down
to is VW decided to market a Golf as a GTi to get more money by putting the
shit that they deemed as GTi stuff on a Golf. This is all cosmetic and very,
very little was performance oriented in the 8V. The 16V however is a
completely different beast. They built it the way a true GTi shouldve been
built. I dont know exactly how much more it cost for the 16V at the time but
I wouldnt guess it to be any less than 5k more than the 8V when they were
new.

Chris DeLong
ICQ#45030867
Seattle, WA USA