Re: New list member

> An old girlfriend had one of those...the transmisison crunched and was
really
> jerky.It had some sort of vacuum activated clutch that would disengage
when
> you let off the gas. In Europe, they made A3 auto stick kinda
things....they
> work in the same way, so I would look into that.
>
> Mike

The Beetle auto stick is a manual transmission with a torque converter, I've
got one in pieces in the garage.  The clutch disengages when the shift lever
is touched (it has a switch in it with very close tolerances).  The reason
for the torque converter is the clutch is either engaged or disengaged,
there's no way to let the clutch out slowly.

A3 with an autostick?  Sounds like something I would be interested in.  Any
European listers know anything about this?

Kenneth
1980 Scirocco S
1983 Rabbit
1991 Corrado