Re: New list member

In a message dated 12/17/00 9:52:36 PM Pacific Standard Time, kpa@wizvax.net
writes:

ok, call me crazy but....(warning technical stuff is waaaaaay beyond
me).......
My mother had a 73(?) Super Bettle, it had a "semi-automatic" or something
strange like that. It was (I think, many years, and brain cells ago) a 3
speed, and to shift you just had to push down on the stick to disengage the
clutch. Couldnt a mutation of that idea be .......... ok, you know where
this is going..........= 5 speed?

An old girlfriend had one of those...the transmisison crunched and was really
jerky.It had some sort of vacuum activated clutch that would disengage when
you let off the gas. In Europe, they made A3 auto stick kinda things....they
work in the same way, so I would look into that.

Mike
http://www.geocities.com/vwmikel
'84-Arkay Turbo Rabbit GTI
'84-Rabbit GTI - uh.....
'77-Rabbit - project
'80-Scirocco S - (um... to be:1.9L crossflow, turbo, 6 speed, widebody?)