was:Re:[Website]Pics up - Dan Snow's 87-now:boot party on the horse

       << I think some of you are out of line when "commenting" on these
cars.  >>
                                                Isn't that nice...

   Anyone who thinks they might be insulted or are easily offended by another
person's opinions and don't happen to agree with them, delete now.  I had
really hoped this would have died on it's own accord, but no such luck, so I
guess I'll kick the dead horse too.

 Opinions.
  It would seem like a truism that if one posts a picture of any given item
on the net, one should be willing to accept any incoming opinions, good or
bad.  If one posts a link to said picture in a forum such as this, one should
be willing to accept the fact that there will likely be dissenting opinions
of it. Don't like it? Oh well,as they say, "suck it up and drive on".
Feelings hurt? Too bad, don't put yourself in a position to get hurt next
time.  Feel so offended that you have the urge to come to someone else's
rescue? Just push 'next' or 'delete', and accept that they are just opinions
that don't pertain to you. Am I "bashing"?  I didn't mention anything about
the quality of his work, time and effort, nor did I rant about how few, if
anyone else here could do as well. I saw a few photos from a link that was
sent to me and gave an opinion. An opinion is only worth what you payed for,
or make of it.

 "Custom".
  Since "some people" want to nit-pick about what "custom" is,  "some people"
consider bolt-on work as not "custom". Since the MKII has been identified as
a kit, according to "some people" this would not be "custom" work. It still
looks like a Toyota Supra to me
 ( Bent? Read "opinions".). So according to "some people", making a rocco
handle better, or more powerful with bolt-on pieces doesn't count. Aparently
"95% of the members on this list don't have what it takes to build a truly
custom car -". Oh well. For me, it's taking a car in it's stock form and
changing it from what came off the assembly line. From a set of wheels to the
limits of your imagination.

 Appreciation.
  <>  We have a winner.
  Kudos! I give kudos to Dan's father for his work on the MKI ! I also
congratulate everyone else who has put together stretch limo versions of
Beetles, Transporters, Jettas and Golfs. Beautiful work! As well as those
who've built multi-engine dragsters, tractors and the twin mill Golf that ran
up Pike's Peak! Maybe I sound unappreciative because I was spoiled from all
the equipment when I had to synch the jet engines on aircraft. Or is it
really be the same thing, short of building it? But I still think the MKI is
ugly, and thank you for reminding me of those "custom" Pinto wagons(Read
"Opinions".).
 <<How many people here have dual engined AWD cars here?! >>
 How many people want one? Those who do, build it and enjoy. Be happy in what
you've created,  relish the adulation and shrug off the nay sayers of your
work. However, at a local salvage yard, there's a MKII with a section of the
roof above the doors hacked away giving it a homemade targa look. The
interior is getting soaked. The rusted edges are waiting to rip at flesh. I'm
not going to mention what they did to the engine bay. So, according to "some
people", I should appreciate the "custom" work the owner has done, since it's
not a bolt-on, it's truly "custom", wholy unique. It's crap, the owner was an
idiot for doing it. It's where it belongs waiting for people to part it out.
Mr. Snow's work is a piece of art in comparison. Anyone comes up with at
least the second gull-wing VW gets plenty o' beer from me. Still upset? Read
"Opinions".

 Odds and Ends.
  Ok, that was pretty much the gist of it all, not much left really, the
following are bits that made me wonder what the point was of saying it. Have
a good evening, drive safely, and remember that we're all here for fun, love
of Siroccos, and that some things should be taken with a grain of salt.
Thanks everyone for sharing.
 For those who stayed, enjoy.
   <> Ok.
   <<he's a cool guy who is VERY proud of his father's work.>>  Who wouldn't
be? I'm very proud of my father's work. It's still standing on the side of a
mountain.
   <<Truth be known, these two cars would probably beat most peoples on this
lists any given day at a car show>> Easily. But I've also seen a restored Bug
take Best of Show against some beautiful custom jobs that should have won.
   <<So what if you think its ugly>>  Exactly.
  <<Sure, everybody is entitled to their opinion>>  Exactly.
   <<If you choose not to give credit where credit is due>>  I don't think
that had anything to do with it. But I hope this clears it up. No? Read
"Opinion". Repeat the last line over and over and over...
   <<fine, post it to the list and Ill sick Van Vuren on your ass>>  ...
   <<Were I to be offered a ride in either [snip] he wouldn't have to ask
twice!>> Ok.
   <> Read "Appreciation".
   <<But, that still doesn't change the fact that I think it looks like a
Pinto wagon>>  Thanks, I really needed that image in my mind, I was trying so
hard to forget the 70's..; )
            And finally...
    << I think some of you are out of line when "commenting">>...on other
people's opinions...

         Please, let this be the end.

Carl(uglier than life, and that's Mr. A**....)
77rocco(an ugly car)
89fox(probably just as ugly)
  but I love them both