Re: [Website] Pics up - Dan Snow's 87 Scirocco 'Vert / '81 Custom

> members on this list don't have what it takes to build a truly custom car -
> etc.  And how about creating the rear decklid on the Mk2 Convertible?  Or
> the top support bows, pivot points, windshield latches, etc?  Reinforcing
> the chassis?  None are easy projects

I have to disagree here.
The shown convertible is a convertible kit from "Speedster"
so it is not really "custom", I had a car like this ( also a Speedster )
for my marrigage 5 years ago :
www.Scirocco2.de/rieger6.jpg

Sure it is much work and effort to built a Speedster convertible, but
a "Speedster" kit is still only a copy with lower quality material
and some flaws in design. You can even see this in the pictures, look at the
textile roof of this violet Speedster convertible for example...

IMHO , much work, much effort and much money is no guarantee for
creating a nice car in the end - but taste varies of course.....

friendly VW-Greetings
Dirk
Scirocco GT II '92 darkgreen-pearl
Scirocco HORNSTEIN '86 16V     "CABRIOLET"
Scirocco GTX '84 montegoblack  "DIGIFIZ"
http://www.Scirocco2.de