RE: [comment] VWoA...WTF?

At 04:12 PM 12/15/00 , Aaron Ness wrote:
The amazing thing is that GM's antiquated engine designs are actually incredible fuel efficient.  I remember seeing (or reading) a report about the venerable 3.8 liter pushrod V6... apparently it is one of the most efficient engines produced today -- in terms of fuel efficiency and emissions...

>My parents have an Olds 98 with that engine, and it gets about 31mpg on the highway.  Can't speak for emissions, but I was impressed and shocked when dad told me that, because it's a pretty big car.

Then you can imagine how I almost fell over when I saw that a friend's Eldorado gets 33mpg on the highway with that big ol' Northstar under the hood...

Jason

1987 Scirocco 16v
1988 Mercedes 190E Sport Euro

http://www.scirocco16v.org