Non-roc: Fox front jerks

  While in a low sped turn, about 25-30mph, the Fox started jerking, like it
wanted to pull the wheel straight, and stopped when going forward. I pulled
over to check the lugs and made sure everything was tight, as were the axle
nuts. Started back down the road and after about three miles, the car wanted
to pull in either direction. Pulled over again and checked for any play at
the top of the suspension (grab top of wheel and shake violently), nothing.
Heading home and driving gently, driver side front end starts making noise in
corners, like a clunking/groaning sound.
  Tomorrow I'm out to the parts house for new struts and the driver side axle
(torn boot found a few months ago), but what else should I consider? Steering
rack?
  Scirocco content: Had to put the throttle body back on (was going out to
get another Audi  TB at the time) and refill coolant after swaping out the
water pump, was hoping to install an A/C heater set up before I put it back
on the road, but looks like it's the driver now.

TIA
Carl
77rocco (speedo inop, wipers inop, situation five by five...)
89fox (shake, rattle and clunk)