Re: [comment] VWoA...WTF?

In a message dated 12/15/00 11:04:46 AM Pacific Standard Time,
aaron@makuta.com writes:

Oops.  Forgot to mention that.  I like the idea of raising CAFE to something
like 28mpg.  The technology exists to do that, although a lot of people
would stop buying SUVs because the performance would drop off (not that it's
really there to start with).

Well,...those vehicles will meet their demise in a few years, anyway. There
was a bill passed a while back where all the SUV's must meet car emissions
standards rather than those for a truck by the year 2004. I don't see how
they can keep going at the rate they are with those constraints. Chevy is so
behind the times in terms of engine technology, I don't know what they would
do.

Mike
http://www.geocities.com/vwmikel
'84-Arkay Turbo Rabbit GTI
'84-Rabbit GTI - uh.....
'77-Rabbit - project
'80-Scirocco S - (um... to be:1.9L crossflow, turbo, 6 speed, widebody?)