Re: [comment] VWoA...WTF?

On Thu, 14 Dec 2000, 16v Jason wrote:
> >The answer is simply, VW has their head up their ass. They are trying to
> >compete against more expensive cars in the US and couldn't give a rats ass if
> >the "enthusiast" might want something a little different. What I wouldn't
> >give for a Lupo,...but will they ever bring us anything that cool? doubtful.
> A-Class, Rover MGF, etc etc.  Even if we could get tiny cars like that to
> pass our crash tests, who would want them?  For better or worse (worse,
> the Polo would sell well in the USA.

I'm confident that BMW will surprise people by selling Mini Coopers
like hotcakes in a couple of years. Who knows, but maybe that
will spurt on the revival of hot hatches and we'll see one true
GTI come out of the VW stable to these shores for a change.
Realistically, though, we'll need "cooperation" from OPEC to see a
return of smaller cars..but is that a price worth paying? no...
solution: keep your Sciroccos alive! I know I have very long-range
plans for my cars. I will hopefully still be driving a 'roc
in 2010.. Will you??

Kareem
'81 Scirocco S
'88 Scirocco 16v