Re: Gauges

I found the best price and availability from Continental Imports in Florida for VDO gauges.

They had "white faced" oil pressure and temp gauges readily available at a very good price.

Talk with Tom, he knows Scirocco's.

(352) 377-6604

 I used a 80 psi dual pole pressure sender because I wanted to also keep the idiot light on the dash  #360-006  cost $29.95.

I would recommend the 80 psi gauge for an 8v and the 150 psi gauge for the 16v.

The 80 psi gauge stays right around 40 psi during normal driving in my 8v, it's easier to see

and probably more accurate given its shorter range.

If you go with a 300F oil temp gauge then you will need its sender too... # 323-423   Cost $ 23.95

I went with PSI instead od "bar" and farenheit instead of C because I grew-up in North America. These were all pretty straight forward to connect for me and they have worked pefectly (and I am not good or experienced with electrical stuff).

Good luck!

David Guido

1981 "S"

1980