Re: Gauges

>Does anyone know a good source for the VDO cockpit gauges, web or
>local? I live in Nashua, NH.  I also need sending units.  Does
>anyone know what gauges do not require sending units?  are guages
>hard to wire up? I am pretty knowledgable in electronics, but have
>never done guages before?
>
>Thanks,
>Steve

Many VW tuners sell VDO gauges, many 'racing' outfits sell them also.
There are bunches of links for both on scirocco.org in the links section.
The only gauges that don't really need 'senders' are the volt and ammeter,
otherwise you'll need a sensor of sorts.  None of them are too difficult
to wire up, just a bit of a pain messing with the dash board and / or center
console. I added a voltmeter (to obviously monitor electrical health), and an
oil pressure to the stock oil temperature (which between the two
monitor relative engine health).  The only other I wish I had was an
air / fuel gauge or maybe an EGT gauge.  The three panel replacement
piece for the ash tray area can be had at driverfound.com.  Good luck!

==Brett

\/\/ '88 Scirocco 16v (Show), '92 Passat 16v (Winter+) | - brett@netacc.net