Re: oil pump question

Mike Arnold wrote:

> I have an 86 gti 8v golf with an oil prob, the pressure is too high, it blows
> the seal from around the oil filter just after it cranks. I bought the car
> like this and am using a new filter tightened all the damn way.. where is the
> pressure refeif valve at? Is it on the oil pump or in the cooler adapter or
> block? Thanks for any info, and if it is in the oil pump, who has the best
> price? My local advance auto gets $88.00 for an oil pump.
>
> Thanks Mike

1. What kind of filter are you using? (Pls. don't say Fram)

2. Why not order from Mark o' Aidirondack or Mike o' Virtual World?

You will get the right thing, the 1st time for the decent price.

(Do you reeeealy want to trust your baby to a guy behind the counter,
prob. not yet born when your car was made, and all he knows is "That's
what the computer says..."?

3. Have you replaced the oil since you got it? (I'll bet you have). You
might check that the previous oil filter didn't leave it's O-ring type
gasket behind when it was removed. Two (the new one on the new filter &
th old one left behind) stacked on top of each other wont hold pressure.

hth,
TBerk