oil pump question

I have an 86 gti 8v golf with an oil prob, the pressure is too high, it blows
the seal from around the oil filter just after it cranks. I bought the car
like this and am using a new filter tightened all the damn way.. where is the
pressure refeif valve at? Is it on the oil pump or in the cooler adapter or
block? Thanks for any info, and if it is in the oil pump, who has the best
price? My local advance auto gets $88.00 for an oil pump.

Thanks Mike