Re: [Social] The Age List - (not so fast, tootsie) & call to arms...

On Sat, 9 Dec 2000 08:10:14 -0500 "Julie Macfarlane"
<juliemac@telenet.net> writes:

>The cop came up to the window, saw me in spandex and lace and asked if
>I knew how fast I was going... I burst out crying  and pointed to my
>dash "My boyfriend did this to my car! I don't know how fast I was
going! (boo
>hoo)"

Unhhh geeez.........

The crying bit never worked on me. Be glad it wasn't ME that pulled you
over. Once the tears started to flow id just say, "cry me a river sister,
your still getting a speeding ticket". Odd how the tears stopped then.
Hmmph.

My favorite thing to do was to intently listen to their sob story and
say" ill be right back". Then id go back to my car, run the plate, run
the driver and finish writing the ticket. Come back to her car, tell her
how awful I felt about her story and oh, "could you please sigh here,
thank you".

That's probably one of a very few things I really miss about being a cop.
Very little.

Roc content...... I loaned out my 84 Roc to someone who's Rabbit I was
doing a clutch job on..... she ripped the new Eurosport exhaust off the
car going over a speed bump. Sounds cool now.

Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi 8V                   84' Scirocco 8V
82' Scirocco GTi -FSP 30-   81' Scirocco<-- FREE to a good home!
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and best looking Scirocco in all of San
Diego!