Re: Dyno ?s

>Well as I'm sure you all know dyno day here in the NW is coming up and I
>have some questions. I have been told that they will ask you to put the car
>in the gear which is closest to a 1:1 ratio. On an AGB tranny which gear
>would this be, 4th?
>I will running the car myself, do I want to roll onto the throttle or do I
>want to mash it? I know I should swap out my 17s and go with the 14s but my
>14 are corded and don't want to worry about driving on them.
>I'm bringing my mixture tool and the test harness so I can find out what
>works best. Any other tips or tricks?
>
>Shannon Fenton

Use your 17's, as it probably doesn't matter.  As for the gas,
jump on it.  It's repeatable, and comparable to other peoples dyno runs.
3rd or 4th, also really doesn't seem matter that much, but it is true
that 4th is closer to 1:1.

==Brett

\/\/ '88 Scirocco 16v (Show), '92 Passat 16v (Winter+) | - brett@netacc.net